Wednesday 6 June 2012

Getting Back on the Horse...Again

Once again it has been a while since I have posted anything here, it's not so much that I stopped writing it's more that I have been struggling to find the humour in life. At this point I should mention that I am currently making use of my years of typing practise as the cats have decided that the rain is in fact my fault so they are going to have a fight every time I take my eyes off them. Unfortunately my year of working on helplines and with children have taught me how to type while looking in the opposite direction and talking! I knew work would come in handy one day! So here goes my attempt at returning to the blogging world...

After months of tests and plenty of poking and prodding I have spent the last few weeks being treated for the results of those tests, this did result in a rather unpleasant two days in which I saw four entirely separate medical professionals, had eight x-rays, six shots of local anaesthetic- both in rather sensitive patches of skin and two of which increased the pain level rather than numbing, and two implants. This resulted in quite a few days of discomfort and the return of my four year old self.

However 16 days later I am back (although I did have two more appointments, two more shots of local anaesthetic, one more x-ray, one magnifying tool with magic cancer detecting lenses and three more foreign bodies implanted) and I am trying to remember to laugh at life. Incidentally having confined myself to sitting in the flat looking at the glorious weather outside in order to ensure the mole that was being looked at was not in fact cancerous I was informed that it is most likely not cancerous (YAY). I am now watching the rain pour down and laughing at my stupidity at missing one of the very few sunny weeks Britain happens to have!

Now I know this post has been more of a catch up than anything else and is rather devoid of humorous moments but this is me getting back on the horse. Hopefully the humour will return soon and hopefully I will be back in the next couple of days rather than the next couple of weeks! In the meantime I will be reading away looking for inspiration!   

No comments: