Saturday 16 June 2012

Hospital Time

So tomorrow is admission day, my bag is packed, my crutches etc are labelled and my muscles feel like they have been torn to shreds!

I'm hoping that I will come back from a (largely) drug free (and therefore relatively coherent) hospital stay with a Pukka Pad full of writing-although discovering that the only answer to reading in hospital is to take my kindle may distract me-as well as a new appreciation of how a body is supposed to move and a plan to keep mine moving!

The truth is this is my chance to do everything I can to avoid the rather dire prediction of my Rheumatologist that having looked at my scans I will have at most two years before ending up in a wheelchair. There is nothing I can do about the existing damage (other than to ignore it with whatever help my largely ineffective-the best EDS side effect-pain killers can give me) or limit the future damage.

So off I go for a week of intensive physio and hydrotherapy with the intense hope that the pain I am currently feeling is due to overdoing the packing rather than a fibromyalgia flare up. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

didicar said...

Well done for winning our comp. All at didicar HQ wish you all the best with your treatment this week. Good luck and keep well!